If you use YouTube frequently, you’ve probably encountered some minor glitches. One of them is the absence of Youtube thumbnails Not Showing. It might irritate you in this instance. That’s because you can only see the title and have no idea what the video will be like.
YouTube thumbnails, as you may know, can offer you a good idea of what the video is about. It can also convince you to watch a video that you might be interested in immediately after viewing it. It’s a pity if the YouTube thumbnails don’t appear.
How Is It Possible For Youtube Thumbnails Not Showing?
Before we begin troubleshooting processes, we must first determine the source of the problem. If view youtube thumbnails aren’t visible, all you’ll see is a dull grey square. In this situation, the issue could be caused by cache and cookies, a bug, an add-on, or an extension, among other things.
The majority of them are caused by your device’s settings as well as YouTube comments won’t load itself. It could also be a result of your programme and app version, your browser, or even your internet connection. As a result, depending on the cause, there will be several solutions for resolving this problem.
How To Deal With Youtube Thumbnails Not Showing Problem
As previously said, there are a few options for resolving the thumbnails issue. It’ll start with the most common remedy and then go on to a different one if it doesn’t work. These steps are also rather common, so you should have no trouble following them:
1. Check Your Internet Speed
The most common reason for the youtube thumbnail not loading is a bad connection.
To deal with the bad connection performance, take a look at the following:
- Connect the router to your devices. In this scenario, an ethernet cable can be used.
- Type speedtest.net into a web browser and hit “enter.”
- Click “Go” when the page appears.
- If your connection appears to be overly slow or inconsistent, you can connect your smartphone to a faster network.
2. Install VPN
This could be due to a DNS server problem or the fact that your country does not have access to YouTube video not showing. You can install a free VPN or a paid version by going to the Google Play Store and downloading it. Unfortunately, using a VPN can fix the problem of Youtube windows 10 thumbnails not showing up, but if you don’t use a VPN, the thumbnails will disappear again.
3. Clear Your Internet Browser Cache
The next most common cause of how to find youtube thumbnails not Showing is your browser’s cache and cookies. You must clear them in this situation. The following are the steps you must take:
- If you’re using Chrome, go to the “Settings” menu (the three dots in the right corner of your screen).
- Navigate to “More tools” and select “Clear browsing data.”
- As a result, the “Clear browsing data” window will display, and you should touch on “clear data” to proceed (the blue square button).
- The cache of your Chrome has now been cleaned.
4. Clear Youtube App Watch History
In addition to clearing the cache in your browser, you need also clear the cache in your YouTube app. As a result, it can allow your gadget more room to operate. Here’s how it’s done:
- Open the YouTube app on your phone or tablet. Then, in the right corner of the screen, go to your account icon and select “Settings.”
- As a result, select “History & Privacy.” Tap “Clear watch history” when the pop-up appears.
- Close and re-open the Youtube app. Check to see if it works.
5. Force Stop Your Youtube App
If none of the above techniques worked, you can now try to force the YouTube app to close on your device. The goal is to refresh the app by restarting it. Here are the procedures to force the app to close:
- Go to your phone’s or device’s “Settings.” After that, look for the “Application Manager” and touch on it.
- Then scroll down the list until you locate “Youtube” and tap it.
- Select “Force Stop” now. As a result, you can terminate all currently active applications.
- Then, open Youtube and check to see if the thumbnails are visible.
6. Check For Incompatible Extension
In some circumstances, an incompatible extension prevents youtube thumbnails from appearing. Furthermore, instead of using your standard browser mode, you can use incognito mode. This is what you must do:
- By going to your browser’s “Settings,” you can switch from regular to incognito mode.
- Then select “New incognito window.” You must now remove the incompatible extension.
- If an extension is incompatible, it will be displayed in the window. To get rid of them, right-click the extension and select “Remove from Chrome.”
- Then, from that incognito window, open YouTube. Check to see if the thumbnails have appeared.
7. For the Last Solution, Restart Your Device
The final option is to restart your device, which is perhaps the most straightforward. All you have to do is press and hold the power button for a few seconds. You can turn it back on in the same way it was turned off. Restarting your phone is a simple and effective technique to solve small issues.
You now know what to do if you have issues such as YouTube thumbnails not Showing. Simply put, clearing cache on a regular basis is critical for removing minor app or device issues. So, if you see dull grey squares on your YouTube page, don’t be alarmed.