Finally, the wait is over! Microsoft has officially unveiled Windows 11, its forthcoming desktop operating system. Microsoft’s new operating system has a new look, improved multitasking, and other features.
Many Windows 10 users have begun looking for Windows 11 after hearing the official announcement. Microsoft plans to release Windows 11 to users later this year, but not all devices will be compatible.
Microsoft has already released a support page confirming that the system requirements for Windows 11 have been raised. To begin, a 64-bit processor is required to run Windows 11.
Second, 32-bit support is no longer available, even on new Windows 10 computers.
So, if you want to try out the brand-new Windows 11 operating system, you should first look over the system requirements.
Windows 11 Requirements Minimum System Requirements
The minimum system requirements for Windows 11 are shown below Let’s get this party started.
- CPU: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster on a suitable 64-bit processor or System on a Chip with 2 or more cores (SoC)
- 4 GB RAM is the maximum amount of memory that may be installed on a computer.
- Storage: A storage device with a capacity of 64 GB or more is required.
- Secure Boot is supported by the system firmware, which is UEFI.
- Version 2.0 of the Trusted Platform Module (TPM).
- WDDM 2.x graphics card with DirectX 12 compatibility
- > 9-inch display with high-definition resolution (720p)
- Internet connection: For Windows 11 Home setup, you’ll need a Microsoft account and access to the internet.
The 32-bit version of Windows 11 will not be released by Microsoft, but the operating system will continue to support 32-bit apps.
Commonly Asked Questions (FAQs):
- Windows 10 vs. Windows 11: What’s the Difference?
If we ignore the cosmetic changes, Windows 11 has all of the same capabilities and security features as Windows 1. It also includes new tools, sounds, and applications.
- Where can I get a Windows 11 computer?
Later this year, a wide range of merchants will start selling laptops and computers with Windows 11 pre-installed. More information will be released later.
- When will Windows 11 be available for download?
Your existing PC will be able to update to Windows 11 if it is running the most recent version of Windows 10 and fulfills the minimum system requirements. The upgrade strategy for Windows 11 is still being worked out.
- What if my computer doesn’t have the minimum hardware requirements for Windows 11?
If your computer isn’t up to the task of running Windows 11, you can still use Windows 10. Windows 10 is still a fantastic operating system, and the team is dedicated to supporting it until October 2025.
- What Is the Best Way to Upgrade to Windows 11?
As previously stated, Microsoft plans to release Windows 11 to customers later this year. As a result, if your PC fits all of the requirements, it will be upgraded before the end of the year.
- Is it true that Windows 11 will be a free upgrade?
Yes! The upgrade to Windows 11 from Microsoft will be free. “Windows 11 will be offered as a free update for eligible Windows 10 PCs and on new PCs beginning this holiday season,” according to the company.
As a result, the focus of this article is on the minimal system requirements for Windows 11. We’ve also attempted to answer a few queries about the Windows 11 update. So, if you have any queries, feel free to post them in the comments section below.