E-commerce has emerged as a massive platform for business growth, with online retail sales expected to reach $4.9 trillion worldwide.
However, as businesses continue to explore e-commerce, the competition for online visibility has increased. In fact, there are anywhere between 12 to 24 million e-commerce sites – and standing out requires investing in marketing strategies that deliver the high ROI.
Why Use Social Media For E-Commerce?
Social media is a gold mine for e-commerce site owners. More than 90% of marketers use social media to promote their business –for a good reason. With more than 4.65 billion users – roughly 60% of the world’s population – social media is the primary channel for most
On social media, you have every type of age demographics, which means you have a diverse range of audiences for marketing your e-commerce store.
Social media platforms make selling easy and convenient for e-commerce business owners by offering tools, paid advertisements, and easy integration. Promoting your e-commerce business can include social commerce, social selling, and social media e-commerce marketing.
Benefits Of Using Social Media For Your E-commerce Site
- The most significant benefit of using social media for promoting your e-commerce site is that you can effectively build brand awareness. As there is a massive number of social media users, there are more chances of people knowing your brand
- According to a report, paid Kansas city social media marketing can help you to reach around 190 million people on Facebook, 170 million on LinkedIn, and 140 million on Instagram. Social media advertising has that much power in the United States alone
- Social media platforms offer audience targeting tools that can narrow down the population to your target audience only, which helps in getting the best returns on your investments
- Social media allows you to build brand awareness through images ads, video ads, collection ads, and carousel ads
- Social media platforms like Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook allow you to create a shop on their platform and sell directly from it
- Social media has enhanced customer service; you can have live chats with your customers along with using Chatbot and auto-responses
- You also use social media marketing campaigns to promote your brand and direct viewers to your website to make a purchase.
Now that you’ve considered the vast array of benefits, let’s look at proven marketing strategies that will allow you to increase online visibility, traffic, and, ultimately, conversion.
Run Paid Advertisements
While paid marketing costs more than organic methods, it utilizes user data to provide you with high personalization and increased ROI.
With options to run PPC campaigns on search engines and social media, this approach helps e-commerce brands target end-of-funnel consumers – leading to higher conversion.
The most significant advantage of a PPC marketing strategy is that it allows you to target precisely the right audience with your ads. With a variety of personalization filters, you can segment your audience by their demographic, behavior, interests, and many more!
What’s more – you can integrate retargeting to show ads to people who have visited a particular product or viewed previous ads, pushing them to convert quickly.
Integrate Live Chat To Your Social Media Profile
Real-time support for customers proves to be the difference between winning sales or losing a customer. Consumer queries are an essential part of e-commerce, and with 57% of customers abandoning their purchase over unanswered questions – not doing so can prove costly.
Without the option to ‘feel’ the product, unlike a brick-and-mortar shop, consumers have questions before they complete their purchase journey. E-commerce stores must provide a seamless consumer experience by offering a live chat option that allows them to solve consumer queries comfortably.
With live chat applications offering detailed customer information, such as purchase history, pages viewed, and time spent, you can deliver highly personalized suggestions that can take your CX to a whole new level.
Improve Your Website SEO
SEO ranks your website without spending money, and it can rank your website higher on SERP (search engine results page). SEO brings organic traffic to your site rather than paying for each click in PPC.
Google algorithm ranks your website on multiple factors. To address these factors, you need SEO optimization for your e-commerce website; it will significantly benefit your store.
First, use rich content on your website that will help your viewers make decisions or give any value to them. Your images are a crucial part of your SEO strategy, as images are more effective in grabbing the audience’s attention and delivering the message.
Other factors which SEO depends on include:
- User Experience
- Local SEO
- Page speed
- Domain, Authority, and URL
- These factors are difficult to manage if you do not have specialized advice. This is why it is important to find an SEO agency that fits your business. If you are interested in learning more, check out Linkflow solution.
Create Engaging Content
No matter how often you’ve come across the phrase ‘content is king’ – it rings true every time. There is no secret sauce behind social media success except creating valuable, unique, and engaging content.
However, just a few generic posts won’t cut it. Your content must be informative and engaging to lure customers and interact with your brand. It is critical to keep posting in order to build engagement.
And visuals go a long way in establishing that sense of trust. High-quality images, educational infographics, or even small business flyers can help – with tools such as PosterMyWall providing a wide variety of templates and customizable editing options.
Add variety to the mix. Shuffle between providing industry news, sharing informative pieces, or even organizing giveaways during the holiday season for even better results.
Many ways can help promote your e-commerce site to increase sales and generate revenue. It is an efficient way to get ahead of your competitors. You can market your business on all the above platforms simultaneously. Each marketing channel has its benefit; start working on them depending on your budget and feasibility.