You can have a more productive conversation with your friends or hold a more effective family meeting with a Phone Microphone. But if you don’t have one, what do you do? Naturally, you make use of a mobile smartphone.Let’s talk about the different ways you may set your phone to function as a microphone.
Discord and Phone Microphone Use
Using a third-party app, your smartphone can function as a microphone for Discord. As an alternative, WO Mic is a great choice. This app connects your device to various networks because it works with Bluetooth, USB, and Wi-Fi.
What you need to do to configure up WO Mic is as follows:
- Grab your preferred web browser and navigate here.
- You can get the client for your computer by downloading it. All required drivers should already be present in your version.
- Get the app from the App Store or Google Play, depending on your mobile device.
- Launch the program on your computer. To fix the “missing DLL” message, you must install Microsoft’s VC redistributable package.
- Go to Connection and then click “Connect.”
- Select a “Transportation Mode.” Consider Bluetooth as an illustration.
- For your computer, go to “Settings,” then “Devices,” and finally, “Bluetooth and other devices.” Other devices can find the computer if you turn on its Bluetooth connection.
- Open the smartphone’s “Settings” app and go to the “Connections” section. The language used may change. Turn the smartphone to the computer by activating Bluetooth on both devices. A confirmation message should appear once the Connection has been made.
- Navigate to WO Mic on your desktop, and then select “Bluetooth” from the return-down menu next to “Transport type.” Click your phone, then hit the “Connect” button.
- Select “Settings,” “Transport,” and “Bluetooth” from your mobile device’s app. When you’re ready to share your voice in a Discord meeting, join the conversation and tap the “Play” button on your WO Mic app on your smartphone.
As an alternative, you can use a USB connection. It’s just as easy, except it’s restricted to Android gadgets.
- Use the USB cord to connect your computer and phone device.
- When prompted, download and install the required drivers.
- Turn on USB debugging and Developer Options on your phone.
- To do this, launch WO Mic on your computer, navigate to the program’s “Transport Type” menu and select “USB.”
- To access the app’s configuration options on Android, tap the “Connected” button.
- Click “USB” under “Transport.”
- Once in your Discord room, return to Wo Mic on your mobile device and press the “Play” button to start recording.
Zooming in on a Phone’s Microphone Uses
Zoom is a service that lets your mobile smartphone into a high-quality microphone studio. Use any computer running Windows or Mac OS X.
- Launch the Zoom app and log in.
- Start part in or join a meeting.
- Press the “Join Audio” button. You can switch to your phone’s audio during a meeting by following the on-screen prompt.
- Select the “Call Me” option.
- Check the right country code.
- Click the “Call Me” press after entering your number.
Please refer to the instructions to use Zoom on an Android or iOS smartphone.
- Open Zoom, then enter your details to log in.
- Start part in or join a meeting.
- Join the audio by clicking the button. Select “More,” then “Disconnect Audio,” to mute your computer’s audio during a meeting tap.
- Again, go to the “Join Audio” menu and select “Dial in.”
- To access the menu, select the drop-down arrow in the top right.
- Pick the country or area code that your phone number will originate from.
- To press in, click the phone symbol next to the number you wish to call.
- To access the configuration menu, press the “Windows” key followed by “I.”
- Select “Wi-Fi” after you’ve navigated to “Network and Internet.”
- Select a network by clicking on “Show available networks.”
- Tap “Join” from your device’s menu.
- Open “Transport” from the WO Mic settings and press on your mobile smartphone.
- Choose “Wi-Fi,” go back to one screen, and then press “Play.” A message has shown in the screen’s upper right corner. Usually, a number will show; this is your IP address.
- The first step is to open WO Mic on your computer and select “Transport Type.”
- Navigate “Wi-Fi,” then go to the “IP address” section.
- Hit the “Connect” button after entering your IP address from your mobile app. If you want to join Zoom meetings using your phone’s audio, you can do so by allowing the microphone on your device.
You can also use Wi-Fi direct to connect your computer and smartphone device. You’ll need to use your smartphone’s data plan and turn it into a hotspot. Because doing so can significantly increase the cost of your service, this option should be reserved for extreme emergencies only.
- Navigate to the “Settings” menu on your mobile device.
- Depending on your device, you’ll need to navigate to “Tethering” or “Connections.”
- If prompted, turn on the hotspot and permit others to join.
- Power on your machine and go to “Settings.”
- To view accessible wireless networks, go to the “Network and Internet” section and select the “Wi-Fi” option.
- Pick on a hotspot to select and click “Connect.”
- To use Wi-Fi Direct, open WO Mic on your mobile device, go to “Settings” > “Transport,” and then tap “Wi-Fi Direct.”
- To launch Windows WO Mic, click the “Play” button.
- If you want to use Wi-Fi Direct, select it from the drop-down menu under “Transport Type” and click “Connect.”
If your phone microphone is working, you can use Zoom.
With Microsoft Teams, you can use your phone as a microphone.
Additionally, teams allow you to use your smartphone’s microphone. Using free software to configure your device is the easiest option. In addition to WO Mic, EZ Mic is also an option.
- The first thing to do is set the app on your computer and phone.
- This website provides a desktop version of EZ Mic, which may be downloaded for free.
- It is available for iOS and Android smartphones.
Launch the app on both gadgets.
- Currently, you must connect your mobile smartphone.
- Connect your computer and phone device to the same wireless network.
- Launch EZ Mic on your mobile device and tap the “Find” button.
- Just hang on till the app finds your computer. Then, when your computer’s name appears, tap it.
- Allow the system to use your microphone if prompted to do so.
- At this point, the PC symbol needs to turn green.
Finally, make sure your computer’s microphone is functional.
- Return the computer and launch the “Control Panel.”
- Use the “Hardware & Sound” button.
- Go to the menu bar, click “Sound,” and click “Manage audio devices.”
- You’ll start recording if you double-click your EZ microphone while in the “Recording” tab.
- Check “Listen to this device” from the section that appears when you tap the “Listen” button.
- After clicking the “Apply” button, the recorded smartphone sound should strike playing on your computer. When this happens, it signifies the device you’re using as your computer’s microphone input is functioning properly.
- Start the meeting in Microsoft Teams.
Check your internet connection if you experience any hiccups or delays. In addition, you can open the task manager to configure EZ Mic and similar programs as critical services.
The EZ Mic Pro version is worth considering if you decide to go that route. If not, the microphone will randomly shut off every four to five minutes.
Enjoy CD-Quality Sound On All Your Devices
Before your next Discord, Zoom, or Teams conversation, don’t freak out if your microphone stops working. You may use your phone’s in-built features or additional apps to turn it into a high-quality Phone Microphone. As far as the experience goes, only a little will change.
Have you ever turned your smartphone into a microphone when attending a meeting? In what way did you configure your device? Leave a section and let us know.