Everyone is quite conscious of their age. But do you know how old your smartphone is? iPhones, for example, will survive far longer than you think. People using previous iPhone models like the SE, 6 and 7 can be seen in public places. These models were released in 2016, and possibly even before. Any iPhone model number check should last at least five years. If you’re looking to replace your how old is my iPhone and want to know how much it’s worth, here is the place to go. To find out when I bought my iPhone serial number or how long I’ve had it, you must first establish its age. Because it was so old, chances are you won’t be able to find its box or bill. So, if you’re wondering how old my iPhone is, let’s take a look at how to quickly locate it.
How Old is My iPhone – 3 Easy Methods to Find Out!
In this post, you can know about how to tell what iphone i have here are the information below;
Ways to Find How Old is Your iPhone
There are two ways to find out how old os your iPhone is.
- Using Apple’s Coverage Checker
- Chipmunk Klantenservice is a service offered by Chipmunk.
You’ll need to know your iPhone’s serial number for this.
How to Find the Serial number of your iPhone
(1) Go to your iPhone’s Settings.
(2) Click General from the drop-down menu.
(3) Click the About option from the General menu.
(4) The serial number of your iPhone will now appear. Keep records of it.
Find iPhone’s age using Apple’s Check Coverage
You’ve now got the serial number. Let’s find out the age, shall we?
(1) Go to Apple’s Check Coverage website, checkcoverage.apple.com, on your iPhone or PC.
(2) In the appropriate section, enter the serial number and the CAPTCHA. Continue by pressing the Enter key.
(3) On the next screen, you’ll see your iPhone’s details. The Estimated Expiration Date can be found under Repairs and Service Coverage. Apple offers one-year service contracts. You can determine the age of your iPhone by looking at the date.
If you’ve had your iPhone for more than a year and the Estimated Expiration Date has not yet shown, you can try the next method.
Find iPhone’s age using Chipmunk Klantenservice
Chipmunk Klantenservice is a 3rd app for determining your iPhone’s age. The serial number is also needed.
(1) Open your browser and go to www.chipmunk.nl/klantenservice/applemodel on the Chipmunk website.
(2) Click the Show the information button after entering the serial number in the designated area.
(3) Scroll to the bottom of the page to find all of the details about your iPhone. Make a note of the Production year and week. You can easily calculate the age of your iPhone using this method.
The Simplest Method
Because the above two ways need the usage of the internet to estimate the age of your iPhone, this easy approach can be used to determine the age of your iPhone instantly.
You can tell how old is my phone is just by looking at its serial number. These serial numbers are a combination of alphabets and numbers that indicate the date, time, place, and model number of the item.
The serial number is usually 12 characters long, with the fourth character being particularly important.
K – 2013 (First Half)
L – 2013 (Second Half)
M – 2014 (First Half)
N – 2014 (Second Half)
P- 2015 (First Half)
Q- 2015 (Second Half)
R- 2016 (First Half)
S- 2016 (Second Half)
T- 2017 (First Half)
V- 2017 (Second Half)
W- 2018 (First Half)
X- 2018 (Second Half)
Y- 2019 (First Half)
Z – 2019 (First Half)
D – 2020 (Second Half)
You may use it to figure out when my iPhone was created and activated. This worked perfectly for our iPhones when we tried it out.
You can also use your email’s search feature to see whether you received a soft copy of the bill from the store where you bought your iPhone. Because it’s likely that you won’t be able to locate a hard copy of your iPhone’s purchase bill.
These are the methods to determine the age of your iPhone. Using your iPhone’s serial number, you can specify the precise age of your device. This information will be useful if you decide to sell or exchange your iPhone.